CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, July 1, 2009

What a gift!

I think pretty much any parent would agree that their children are truly gifts from God. This Sunday, as we were all getting ready for church (and running late as usual), I put Jay Jay in the floor in our bedroom to play. He quickly scooted over to the bed and discovered a roll of Christmas wrapping paper that I had stored underneath the bed. So when I turned to check on him, this is what I saw:
I quickly reached for the camera and as I was snapping away and laughing my head off, I called for Jason and Priscilla to come look. I said, "Look, he thinks he's a present!" Jason smiled and replied, "He is." How true. No matter how hurried or busy we are or how crazy life gets, we need to stop and take time to realize what precious gifts we have been given, enjoy them, and thank God for them everyday. :)
And speaking of gifts, my other sweet gift, Priscilla, had her birthday sleepover last weekend. She and the girls had a blast and of course stayed up all night! They all hung out in the family room downstairs though so at least I still got some sleep! They watched "13 Going on 30" and "A Walk to Remember". They played all sorts of games, starting with a silly string fight in the backyard. We made our own homemade facial mask using bananas, honey, and baking soda. After the facials, the girls did no-mirror makeovers where they each had to do their makeup without looking in a mirror. I won't embarrass them by posting any photos of that! Here are a few other not-so-embarrassing pics from the party...
Armed (with silly string) & Dangerous!
What's up with the Elmo stickers?
Ashley & Priscilla...they've been friends for six years and have remained close even since Ashley moved out of town...
The incredibly rich chocolate cake with fudge icing...
And lastly, here are a few random pics just for fun...

Mommy's little Wildcat:
Sometimes you never know what you'll find in the laundry!
I hope everyone has a happy and safe Fourth of July! God bless America! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment