Today, Priscilla was mowing the backyard. I was in the kitchen feeding Jay Jay his lunch. All of a sudden, I heard the lawn mower backfire. Immediately, the lawn mower shut off and then I heard footsteps running like mad across the deck. Next thing I knew, Priscilla appeared in the kitchen, in probably 2 seconds flat. Her eyes were big and her face was white like she had just seen a ghost! She said she thought the lawn mower was gonna blow up so she high-tailed it inside!
(Disclaimer...do not read any further if you are eating, plan on eating anytime soon, or if you have a weak stomach!)
After I assured Priscilla that indeed the lawn mower was NOT going to blow up, I continued feeding Jay Jay his lunch...sweet potatoes. Toward the end of his meal, he started making his unmistakable "poopy face", accompanied by his signature grunting. So I give him a few minutes to do his business. Then I proceeded to unfasten him from the high chair and as I was doing so, I noticed a mess. Not just ANY mess, mind you. A mess that beats all messes. I lifted him up slowly and carefully, which caused more of the "mess" to fall out, plopping onto the cushion of the high chair. Apparently, he had been leaning in the high chair which created a sort of "diaper wedgie" if you will. There was simply nowhere for the "mess" to go, except out the leg of the diaper! Of course at the time, he was wearing only a onesie and no pants. I thought I was gonna have to cut the onesie off of him like you see doctors do on their patients in the ER. I think I used half a package of baby wipes to clean that up. Luckily, the high chair cushion is removable and washable!
A Slow Cooker Thanksgiving
9 months ago


No comments:
Post a Comment