It's been one of those days, and it's only 1:00pm. I made a couple of phone calls this morning to take care of a couple of bills over the phone which should have only taken about 10 minutes. But it took the lady on the other end of the line that long just to key in our phone number after I repeated it 17 times (seemed like it anyway). Jay Jay was fussy while I was on the phone, not wanting to go down for his morning nap. So I finally finished up the phone calls I needed to make. I go change Jay Jay's diaper and then Priscilla asks me to help her with her hair. She holds Jay Jay while I fix her hair. Jay Jay has a major spit up which runs down Priscilla's arm...she screams...it scares Jay Jay, and he starts crying again. Cleo scratches on the back door, wanting in. I let her in only to discover she's been playing in the mud and her legs are covered in it. Then someone knocks on the front door...it's a lady I was trading a few baby clothes with. So I get Cleo back outside until I have a chance to give her a bath. I lay the baby clothes on the couch and the lady leaves. Jay Jay starts fussing again and still hasn't had a nap. I have Priscilla entertain him while I figure out what to do with Cleo. I get a slice of cheese (Cleo's favorite treat) from the fridge, hoping I can use it to lure her in and straight to the bathtub. My plan failed when Cleo noticed the 'new' baby clothes on the couch. Any time something is new or different, she has to check it out. So rather than follow me down the hall to the bathroom, Cleo makes a detour to the couch to sniff the clothes and puts her muddy front paws right on the couch. Great, now I need to clean the couch. Finally, I successfully herd Cleo to the bathroom (maybe 'herd' is not the correct word since she's only one dog, but she is an 80 pound dog who hates baths, so I think the term is appropriate given the amount of effort it requires). While in the tub, Cleo proceeds to chew on a small bar of soap. Luckily, I manage to fish it out of her mouth before she tried to swallow it. So I'm soaking wet and the new shirt I put on this morning now smells like wet dog. Jay Jay still hasn't gone to sleep at this point. I get Cleo washed, rinsed and out of the tub, dry her and brush her. Then I have to vaccuum due to the amount of fur that comes out while brushing her. Then I scrub the bathtub and gather up the 3 dirty beach towels I used to dry Cleo. By now, Jay Jay is hungry again so I nurse him and he finally falls asleep! (YAY!) Now it's time to have lunch and hopefully get some school work done with Priscilla before Jay Jay gets up again. I think I need more coffee.
No comments:
Post a Comment