CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, February 5, 2009

A Virtuous Woman

My grandmother, Momma Hazel, passed away Saturday January 31st. She had just had her 89th birthday on January 29th. Her funeral was on Tuesday. At the service, the preacher, who had known Momma Hazel all of his life, read Proverbs 31 about the virtuous woman. Momma Hazel was a prime example of just that. She was hard working, caring, strong, she loved the Lord and her family and of course her chickens, and she was joyful and content. When my grandfather, Daddy Vivan, was bedridden for years due to Alzheimer's, she chose to care for him herself at home rather than putting him in a nursing home. Momma Hazel was the type of person who always thought of everything and was always prepared for anything. If there was anything you needed, she probably had it and was more than happy to give it to you. I have so many good memories of her. I will miss her so much, but there is no doubt that she is in Heaven and I will see her again. I am so blessed to have had her for a grandmother and feel honored to be named after her. Priscilla sang "Amazing Grace" at the funeral. Momma Hazel raised five children, and had fifteen grandchildren, thirty-three great grandchildren, and I think there are at least six great great grandchildren.

No comments:

Post a Comment