Today my hubby is 38! I gave him a card and gift this morning and I will make dinner tonight with a pecan pie for dessert. We had a nice weekend. The kiddos and I went to a craft store on Friday because I wanted to look at some boy-themed scrapbook paper (all my stuff is girly!) and right there in the store, Jay Jay produced the messiest poopy diaper known to mankind. I asked an employee if they had a changing table and she said no. She offered to let me change him on her counter but I didn't think that would be a good idea! My only other option would have been to strap him back into the car seat and take the stroller back out to the truck and change him there, but it was too cold for that. So I saw a long folding table they had set up in the store for people to use for scrapping or beading and no one was using it at the time, so I asked if I could change him there and the employee said sure. I always carry my own changing pad to lay him on when changing him...so, I proceeded to change the massive mess of a diaper and discovered it had leaked through his onesie and his clothes! So here I am stripping my kid down naked in the middle of the store! I'm sure I got some looks, but I was intent on getting the task done as quickly as possible so I didn't notice. I had Priscilla to dispose of the dirty diaper (ah, the joys of being a big sister!). Then once he was changed, he was hungry so I nursed him right there too (covered, of course!). Then as I was trying to get him to burp, he spit up quite a bit which dripped down in a puddle on their floor, so I cleaned that up. Finally, I figured we had done enough damage in that little craft shop and it was definitely time to go!!! I went to my sister-in-law's on Saturday to do some scrapbooking. I only got two pages done because Jay Jay was fussy, but it was nice to get back into scrapping. I hadn't done any scrapping since he's been born so I was just itching to do some pages using photos of him! Priscilla stayed there to spend the weekend with her cousins and she will be coming home today. Jason was actually able to take Sunday off so we slept in and went to the late service at church. Then we went out for lunch and Jay Jay napped while we ate, so it was *almost* like a mini-date! LOL Then it was back to church so Jason could attend a men's meeting at 4:00 and then the evening service started at 5:00. I'm looking forward to next Sunday's evening service...that's when Jay Jay is going to be dedicated! I just hope he doesn't get fussy or spit up on the Pastor or something...LOL! My mom and stepdad are coming for that & I have not seen them in almost 3 months so I am excited about seeing them.
A Slow Cooker Thanksgiving
9 months ago





Liz these are awesome layouts!!
ReplyDelete